04/13/18 Facilities Committee Meeting Minutes
Attached are minutes from the April 13, 2018 Master Plan Facilities Committee meeting.
Below is a summary of key points made during the meeting.
- Ensure special education student needs are met.
- Develop a plan so as student needs change and grow the facilities will support those needs.
- The transition between buildings needs to flow well.
- Prepare students for 21st Century education.
- Create different learning environments for varying student learning needs.
- Provide expanded opportunities for students to experience new things.
- Continue to grow as an exceptional school district in central Iowa.
- Focus on matching curriculum for 6-8 with the infrastructure (instructional needs drives construction).
Minutes provided by Shive-Hattery Architecture+Engineering