July 2017 - January 2018
Develop Facilities Framework
- Create context around why instructional needs should drive construction solutions.
- Collaborate with Board of Education to develop priorities.
- Collect insights from parents, students, teachers, administrators.
- Develop a framework to guide master plan development in support of construction solutions.
March - April 2018
Benchmarking and Fit Analysis
- Develop benchmark criteria to evaluate how well each school is able to contribute to goals. Components for each of the benchmarks include:
- Space needs
- Adjacency parameters (organizational)
- Design goals
- Prioritizations and acceptable deviations
- Collect insights from parents, students, teachers, administrators based on the specific benchmarks created for elementary, middle school, and high school.
- Complete Fit Analysis
- Develop preliminary draft of master plan for each school building.
May - September 2018
Finalize Master Plan
- Present preliminary plans for community feedback at Gallery Walks.
- Review capital cost estimates to align goals with feasibility.
- Seek Board of Education approval of implementation plan.
Implement Master Plan
Next steps will include implementation of the master plan. The goal is to receive approval from the Board of Education at an October 2018 meeting.